The Friends of Thorngrove has been set up to promote the building of friendships between parents, teachers and children. The Committee is responsible for planning and organising events throughout the year which will foster this friendship and raise money for the school as well as local and national charities.
Aims of the FOT
- To advance the education of pupils at the school by providing and/or assisting in the provision of facilities and equipment
- To promote awareness and the concept of teamwork amongst pupils in relation to raising funds for charity
- To act as a focal point for social events that will foster a community spirit with parents, teachers and pupils
- To allow any stakeholder a platform to leverage any skills or benefits that they have that could contribute to the funds of the FOT
- To be the umbrella organisation for fund raising activities associated with the school
- To raise money for nominated local and national charities.
If you would like to contact a member of the FOT Committee email us:
The Committee is always looking for like-minded parents to either join the committee or help out on sub-committees.
Forthcoming FOT Events
14th June - Summer Extravaganza from 3pm
“The FOT are now gearing up for the Summer Extravaganza and we’re very excited for this year’s event!
But we need your help to create a wonderful afternoon for you and your children.
We are looking for volunteers to spend 30 minutes or even an hour on one of our stalls. We have bouncy castles, a bar, tombolas, raffle tickets that need selling, a coconut shy, splat the teacher, the infamous toboggan, face painting and more; all of which need lovely people!
We are also in need of donations for our sweet tombola, summer drinks for our bar, and gifts for our summer themed tombola (inflatables, games, drinks, gifts and the like). After half term we’ll have boxes placed outside reception for these.
If you are able to help with any of the above, please do let us know. This term we are raising money for Sue Ryder and for the school. Your previous generous donations have recently funded the new sound system in the New Hall.
You can contact us via email@example.com
As always, we are very grateful for all your help!
Peta and the FOT team”