Thorngrove School was inspected by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) on behalf of Ofsted and the Department for Education from 10th-12th March 2020. The inspection was a combined Focused Compliance Inspection together with an Educational Quality Inspection.
Thorngrove was rated ‘Excellent’ in all available categories by the ISI. This is the highest grade possible.
The school was found to be ‘Excellent’ in the quality of pupils’ academic and other achievements and in the quality of pupils’ personal development.
The key findings of the report were:
The Quality of the Pupils’ Academic and Other Achievements is ‘Excellent’
- Pupils demonstrate passionate and focused attitudes towards learning
- Pupils’ excellent attainment demonstrates their rapid progress
- Pupils display a high level of competence and confidence in their use of information and communication technology (ICT)
- Pupils are very adept in organising and managing their own learning a study
The Quality of Pupils’ Personal Development is ‘Excellent’
- Pupils demonstrate strong self-confidence and self-awareness from an early age
- Pupils exhibit sincere appreciation of non-material aspects of life and a notably strong engagement with spiritual and philosophical ideas
- Pupils demonstrate moral sensibilities and substantial consideration of others
- Pupils show mature understanding of how to keep themselves healthy and stay safe
In the Focused Compliance Inspection a school can either meet or not meet the standards in the regulations. Thorngrove School met all standards of regulatory compliance.
This report is available on request from the school office or can be downloaded below: